Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Things I Love Thursday: Prosecco


This is just a quick one because the week of birthday festivities has left me with a to-do list a mile long. If you are a champagne lover, you MUST try Prosecco! It's less bubbly and less likely to cause a hangover than champagne. I tried this the first time at a wine tasting at our local wine shop (if you live in the Western 'burbs, you should TOTALLY try Dolce Vita Wine Shop, they have amazing service and they keep a record of what wines you buy so you never have to do the whole "I tried that one...awhile ago? It had a label with a house on it or something?").

Anyway, it's a dryer taste, like a dry asti champagne. I've had many, and none have been bad. But the Astoria Lounge one pictured here has been, by far, the best one of all. My father-in-law brought two bottles to our dinner and even gave me an extra bottle to savor later. The two bottles were gone before we passed the fruit salad, everyone loved it!

Enjoy, and feel free to comment and share your favorite beverage!

No comments: