Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Workout Wednesday

So while the walking workout isn’t over, the two-week period is, and I have to say the 2nd week went better than the first. I stuck much closer to the 1600 calorie mark recommended and did 15-minute Jackie Warner videos instead of their recommended weights. Overall I lost 4 pounds in a week! Which means if I had two weeks doing it right I probably would have lost the promised 10 pounds.


Today was rainy so I decided to take advantage of my Comcast On-Demand and did a new workout video. With Nicole Eggert! I had to watch it, it was just too much to ignore. Let me just say this: girlfriend has not cut down on her tacos and wine since Celebrity Fit Club.

She works with trainer Steve Marasca, who I have to say I am not a fan of. I’ve done one of his other videos and I find him really boring. And all he ever says is “good stuff.” He also takes about 20 minutes between moves.

So, yeah, anyway, Nicole isn’t looking so hot. Although on the cover of her video,  she looks like she’s back in Baywatch shape. Or, you know, a power user of PhotoShop. I’m thinking the 2nd one, but who am I to judge?

I mostly noticed beyond her horrible outfit, she had some huge thighs. Not fat…because let’s be honest, Nicole Eggert being “fat” is like me on a very good dream day. But she clearly had insanely muscular thighs. And I found out why! Apparently, Steve only knows how to do lower body moves. Or he likes to watch Nicole’s butt while SHE works out her lower body. Either way, there was hardly any upper body workout.

So while my thighs are killing me, I was unimpressed with the workout as a whole. It won’t be a repeat saved program on my On-Demand.

Do any of you use On-Demand for your workouts? Who’s your favorite trainer?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If we're talking Exercise TV, I'm a big fan of Jillian Michaels' Yoga Meltdown, Yoga Sculpt, or Yoga Works Fit Abs. All of them give me a nice workout without eating up an entire hour.

Usually, I only do the abs one if I've already been running - that way it just does a bit more for the toning aspect.

-Kat

Kitty Deschanel said...

Life is good when you don't workout. Just get yourself a pair of MBTs and a hula hoop and you'll be set :)

Stephanie in Suburbia said...

It'd take a lot more than a hula hoop to get the baby weight off! It's taken me freaking 6 months.