Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Things I Love Thursday: Cute Tees & A Great Deal for You!

A few years ago a family friend had a baby shower and indicated a preference for organic baby items. I did my typical Amazon search and found some rather boring oatmeal numbers, and ended up buying a very simple blanket. I had heard from other people that they had given up, too, and purchased books or toys.

The times, they are a-changin’! More and more websites are geared toward those who are particular about what fabrics they want their child to wear, and so now you can find blankets, toys, all that good stuff in eco-friendly fabrics.

Mostly, though, I love to get unique baby items, and now that the aforementioned showered baby is a toddler with her own little personality, I like to respect the parents’ wishes of a green gift, but also reflect the child’s “style,” such as it is when they’re still in training pants.

Enter Puddlefoot, which has an ADORABLE collection of eco-friendly tees with hilariously cute veggie designs. Here is what Suzi MacDougall, the awesome creator of this site has to say about her products:

Every tee is made from 100% cotton and printed with Phthalate free inks. All these details ensure a tee that is soft and stretchy with a wonderful vintage feel! Our long sleeve tees are hand dyed with eco-friendly, non-toxic dyes and come in sizes NB - 4/5T (coming very soon).

And here is what I bought!


Suzi had wrapped it up so cute, but I had to open it and see. The shirt feels amazingly soft and stretchy (I don’t know what your experience has been, but some of the lesser organic shirts feel kind of stiff to me). And the colors are just so vibrant and sweet.

So I want to say here, I was not asked to do this review, nor paid. I contacted Suzi and asked her if I could feature her here and help her sell these adorable items, and reach her goal of 800 fans. In return, Suzi has given me a special code so you all can get 5% off your order through the end of September. So just enter code STEPH5 to get the discount.
Also if you take a picture of your wee one in one of her creations, you get 20% off your next order! I think I’ll be buying some for Wee ‘Burb and taking advantage of that deal!

No comments: