Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

I'm Baaaack!

Happy November, People! As I mentioned, last week was my anniversary. What I failed to mention was that Scott was out of town the whole week. Oh, and Wee 'Burb decided to run a fever that was high enough to force her to stay home with me, but not high enough where she wasn't wired at the idea of being home in an only partially-babyproofed house.

So that explains my absence.

We had an AMAZING anniversary celebration this weekend, though, including a much-needed night away from the feverishly normal Wee 'Burb. We ate at La Belle Vie, which is the closest Minnesota has, or ever will have sadly, to5-star cuisine. AMAZING! Let me just tell you this: I have issues with carcass. I can't eat anything when it's in the form it was when alive. No lobster, I have to hide during the Thanksgiving carving, and definitely no chicken wings. But I ate marrow, people. AND I LOVED IT!

Side note: wanna know how much I love my husband? A few years ago I actually hosted Thanksgiving, including sticking my hand in a turkey's ass, and washing it. WASHING A CARCASS! ON THE INSIDE!! Now that's love.

After our amazing dinner, we checked in to the Grand Hotel, where we were upgraded to a king-size suite. It had a TV in the bathtub. Not the bathroom, the bath TUB!

In addition to the complimentary bottle of champagne they sent us, we also enjoyed a small version of our cappucino souffle wedding cake from Buttercream Bakery.

Last, but certainly not least, after getting up WHENEVER WE FELT LIKE IT, we ate an amazing brunch at Hell's Kitchen where I had a ham, cheese and pear melt that almost made Scott irrelevant.

Anyway, I should be back on schedule this week, assuming Wee 'Burb doesn't sponteaneously combust.

What are you all up to?

4 comments:

Erica said...

awwww :) What a great celebration. The hotel experience sounds fabulous!! Usual stuff around here! I'm always just excited for the next weekend to come haha

Anonymous said...

What a WONDERFUL celebration! I've been dying to try La Belle Vie...Someday.

This week = quiet. Necessary for Halloween Recovery/pre Thanksgiving mayhem.

Stephanie in Suburbia said...

Tenaciously: you should try it soon! It's actually quite reasonably priced for such a fancy place! And the food is very different.

Kristen said...

sounds like a great celebration! Last year I hosted a thanksgiving dinner for all of our friends... it was quite disgusting shoving my hand up there and pulling out the guts... gag!